StudentCover Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get StudentCover?
There are two ways to get StudentCover. Some schools arrange to have their entire enrolment covered. This is known as ‘Whole of School’ cover and is the most economical method. Alternatively, individuals can obtain StudentCover online at a cost of $29.00 per year.
Is my child eligible for StudentCover?
Why is the policy only available online?
Our aim is to provide StudentCover at a very affordable price. We achieve this by reducing administration costs with an online product which also provides some real-time efficiencies with policy placements.
How can I pay?
How do I submit a claim?
Please refer to the StudentCover claims procedure here and follow the instructions carefully.
What is covered under the StudentCover policy?
The events covered are very extensive. You can download Key Features and Benefits of StudentCover (Individuals), you should also refer to the Personal Accident Insurance (PDS- Individual).
Are there any exclusions under the policy?
Yes, a summary of the Exclusions is noted below, however, you should read thePersonal Accident Insurance (PDS- Individual) for full details.
This policy shall not apply to any event directly or indirectly arising out of:
(1) (a) War, civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power.
(b) the intentional use of military force to intercept, prevent, or mitigate any known or suspected Terrorist Act.
(c) any loss arising out of any Terrorist Act.
(2) Any consequence of an Insured Person engaging in:
(a) naval, military or air force operations.
(b) racing in or on any motor propelled conveyance (whether as a driver, rider or passenger).
(c) any aerial activity, except as a passenger and not as a pilot or crew member in any aircraft licensed to carry passengers.
(d) hang gliding, sky diving or parachuting.
(3) Intentional self-injury, suicide, or criminal or illegal act of the Insured Person who is the subject of the claim.
(4) A consequence of any kind of sickness or disease.
(5) pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage.
(6) sexually transmitted disease, or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (A.I.D.S.) disease or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (H.I.V.) Infection.
(7) Radioactive contamination or radioactivity in any form whatsoever whether occurring naturally or otherwise.
You should also refer to the Personal Accident Insurance (PDS- Individual).
Why do I get an offline message?
The system is unavailable at various times due to backups, system maintenance and end-of-month processing. You should simply try again later however if you continue to experience difficulties you may call StudentCover on 1300 783 878 during business hours for assistance.